How Fire Sprinklers Benefit Your Commercial Building
Is your building equipped with Fire Sprinklers?
The last thing a business owner wants is a Fire at his commercial property. Commercial fires can lead to injury or death of employees, damaged merchandise and equipment, lost records, and possibly, the permanent closure of the business.
To improve fire safety in the workplace, a fire sprinklers of any kind are crucial for commercial buildings and the safety of those inside.
Are there requirements for commercial buildings and the fire sprinklers that are installed? Fireline.com outlines sprinkler system requirements on their website for business owners.
According to the website, here are some of the requirements of the National Fire Protection Association for commercial sprinkler systems:
- Buildings more than 55 feet high must have sprinkler systems.
- Any new building with a fire area of more than 5000 square feet must have sprinklers.
- Fire pumps should be installed to increase the amount of pressure in a single sprinkler system.
- Fire pumps should be housed in a separate building whenever possible.
- Water supply control valves should be accessible for easy operation.
There is never a convenient time for a fire disaster to strike a business. But SERVPRO of Compton understands that in the event of a fire, it is important to provide excellent service while minimizing the disruption to the daily operations of the business. We are always here to help in the event of a commercial fire. Learn more about our expert commercial restoration services.
Faster to Your Disaster!
Call SERVPRO of Compton
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO® of Compton provides emergency cleaning, restoration, & sanitation services 24hrs a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage can cause massive amounts of damage. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO® of Compton arrives quickly and starts remediation immediately. We help to minimize the damage and restoration costs. The longer you wait, the more expensive it is to fix, plus further chance of more damage.
Water Damage Timeline:
- Water spreads throughout the property, damaging everything it touches.
- Water soaks into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture colors may bleed, causing permanent staining.
- Photographs, books, etc. bleed and warp.
Hour 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to bubble, swell, and break down.
- Metal surfaces start to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- Musty odors emerge.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase exponentially; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding will be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO® of Compton is here to help with all your water damage needs. We are open 24/7, 365 days a year to help you get back to normal. Call us at (424) 444-3546
The Impact of Smoke & Fire Damage
The longer you allow the smoke damage to set in, the more damage you will see.
When your Compton property is subjected to a fire; smoke, ash, and even water from the firefighters will cause damage. However, learning more about how smoke damage progresses as well as where you can obtain restoration services can prevent these issues from becoming problematic for you. Get the information you need to reduce the lasting impact that fire damage can have.
How Smoke or Ash Damage Progresses
- During the first few minutes of smoke damage, the soot’s acidic nature will start to yellow several types of plastics, including your small appliances. If not restored quickly, porous materials such as marble or alabaster can become permanently discolored.
- Several hours later, the acid from the soot will stain the grout in your kitchen or bathroom. It can also tarnish metal, yellow your fiberglass, discolor your furniture, or damage your major appliances.
- Within several days, your painted surfaces will be subjected to acidic soot. They will then start to yellow. Additional forms of deterioration include the corrosion, rusting, and pitting of metals. Your wood may also be in need of refinishing. Finally, you may have to replace your vinyl floors.
- Within a few weeks, the damage deepens. For example, your carpets can be permanently discolored. Additionally, your silver-plated possessions can be subjected to irreversible corrosion. Also, items like glass and china may become etched in the soot’s acid.
Seek Professional Smoke Damage Restoration Services
Smoke and fire damage can have a profoundly adverse impact on your property, time is of the essence. The longer you allow the smoke damage to set in, the more complications and deterioration you will see. For this reason, finding a high-quality fire and smoke damage restoration company is important. To ensure that you attain the excellent, expedient services you need, look for a restoration company that possesses the following attributes:
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
If you’re looking for a disaster restoration company SERVPRO of Compton should be your first stop. After years of serving our community, we have the skills and experience to respond quickly to any smoke or fire incident. In fact, our technicians are skilled in cleaning soot and smoke damage from most surfaces and belongings. Call us today at (424) 444-3546!
What You Need to Know about Mask Protection
What protection is your mask giving you?
We're all familiar with masks at this point. They protect us from the COVID-19 virus. But Wildfires have created a different type of storm... Smoke Particles. Does your mask protect you from both COVID-19 and Smoke Particles?
What you should know about Cloth Masks:
These masks block virus droplets. Walk into a bakery with these masks and I guarantee you'll smell all the baked goodness. That's how the mask works. But these cloth masks do not block smoke particles. Though they may block large bits of ash floating through the air, the cloth allows for small particles to enter and possibly compromise your system.
What you should know about N95 Masks
These masks provide a tight seal around your face and are excellent when dealing with smoke particles. Some N95 masks have air filters on them. Those are designed to prevent inhaling potentially dangerous particulates. However, the N95 masks with air filters should not be used for COVID-19 protection. Those filters do not block droplets from leaving the mask.
It's science! N95 will provide the best protection for both the COVID-19 virus and smoke particles as long as there is no air filter.
SERVPRO® of Compton Does COVID-19 Sanitation!
SERVPRO Cleans & Sanitizes!
89% of consumers are uneasy about going back to brick-and-mortar locations. At SERVPRO of Compton, we’re dedicated to inspiring confidence in clean our communities.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, is our defensive pathogen cleaning program that goes way beyond standard janitorial cleaning practices. This is proactive viral pathogen cleaning. We, at SERVPRO of Compton, are trained professionals when it comes to working around viral pathogens, handling biohazard material, and practicing safe protocols.
The cleaning program is grounded in our unique 3 C’s:
- Consult: Not all businesses are the same, so we’ll tailor a cleaning program based on the unique needs of each facility.
- Clean: Based on the agreed plan, an expert deep clean is initiated using our proprietary EPA-Approved Hospital-Grade cleaning solutions and always adhering to the leading level of cleaning and decontamination standards set by the CDC.
- Certify: You’ll know a business is Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned by the shield posted on their front window. Along with documentation and other collateral, this beacon represents their commitment to the comfort and security of their employees, customers and community.
So when you see the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned shield, your employees & customers can walk in with confidence. Because you’ll know the #1 choice in clean up and restoration was there.
Are you interested in our Commercial Services, or are you a consumer who wants to learn more?
Winter Allergies in Your Home
Tis' the season...for getting sick especially during a pandemic. Not only are we combating a worldwide pandemic, many this time of year will still experience the cold or flu. Such symptoms couldn't come at a more inconvenient time for people.
As much as we hate getting sick, we may bring it on ourselves. How so?
A study by a New York based Medical University showed that Christmas Trees could be affecting our allergies. Mold spores are found on Christmas Trees. A connection can be made there.
Don't be alarmed, mold spores are naturally found on organic materials like a tree. When those spores are aggravated due to temperatures or moisture, it can begin to cause health effects.
Here's what we should remember about this Christmas Tree Syndrome:
- If we don't have any sensitive allergies, we probably don't have to worry about it.
- If we do have said allergies, use an air purifier, get rid of the tree as soon as you're done with it, or even better get an artificial one.
Most importantly, stay healthy this holiday season from SERVPRO® of Compton.
SERVPRO® Solutions: Matterport Scanning
The Matterport PRO 2 Camera is 134 megapixels and shoots with 3D accuracy using infrared sensors.
At SERVPRO® of Compton, we like to provide the best possible solutions for our clients and their needs. To accomplish this we are always seeking out new forms of technology and solutions to provide a more thorough service.
One of our latest technologies is the Matterport 3D Camera. The Matterport 3D scanning system allows us to capture a space and create a virtual 3D model.
How It Can Benefit You:
- Virtual Walkthroughs - Due to COVID-19, many insurance adjusters and facility managers have suspended their in-person walk throughs. The Matterport system allows us to share that space with them virtually as if they were there in person.
- Insurance Claims - Having a 3D scan of your space could be useful during an insurance claim. It could show items & possessions that would need to be noted. If you already have a claim, it would be a useful tool to capture the loss.
- Measurement Tool - During a loss, we want to provide the most accurate information. The Matterport system uses infrared sensors to capture data. This data can measured within the system to provide the most accurate estimate.
Can you utilize the Matterport 3D system? Most business can. For more information on the Matterport system, please call our office or reach out online. (424) 444-3546
Storm Damage To Your LA Home
Lightning storms can occur anywhere in the U.S., and we see them often during fire season in Southern California; they bring a massive threat of fires and severe structural damage.
Flooding presents a serious risk to your home and your safety. According to the U.S. National Severe Storms Laboratory, floods kills more people every year than lightning, hurricanes and tornadoes combined.
When it comes to rain storms, flooding can lead to dangerous contamination and damage to drywall, support beams and foundations. You are at risk for mold within the first 24 hours of a flood, so it’s vital to stop the water from flowing and start remediation quickly.
It’s vital to repair storm damage quickly, but the risk of danger is high. Before you try making repairs yourself, call SERVPRO of Compton. We have a decade of experience with storm damage remediation and our teams are available to you 24/7, 365 days out of the year.
How SERVPRO is Keeping Your Business Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Call our team for disinfection services any time at (424) 444-3546!
The coronavirus outbreak has slowed or halted most local businesses, which has been a strain on everyone. In addition to serving local homes, we are committed to continuing to serve local businesses. We have taken several precautions to keep our employees and our customers safe!
We Perform Commercial Cleaning and Disinfecting Services
Although we have always offered cleaning and disinfecting services to local businesses, the COVID-19 pandemic has stressed its importance. Dozens of businesses have already contacted us to either schedule proactive cleanings or to prepare for the potential of a confirmed case.
Our team follows CDC guidelines to target hotspots that are known for spreading pathogens. Although there is no product that has been tested against this particular strain of coronavirus, the CDC has recommended the use of labeled hospital-grade disinfectants with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. We have several EPA-approved products that meet those standards.
Implemented Safety Policies
Safety is top of mind at SERVPRO of Compton. We want to protect our employees and the customers we serve, so we have implemented several policies designed to prevent the spread and exposure of the COVID-19.
For example, we are requiring all employees to wear masks and gloves when they are working around other people. Our employees are also required to disinfect their vehicles in between jobs. We have asked employees to keep 6 feet away from each other, and we have closed some of our warehouses to prevent our employees from congregating.
Get Professional Help
Despite the circumstance, we are committed to serving our local homes and businesses. Disasters will continue to happen, so if you need professional help, we are available 24/7. Call our team any time at (424) 444-3546!
Restoring Your Compton Property After A Fire
SERVPRO of Compton will ensure your fire damage clean-up is an easy process.
Having to deal with a fire can be not only a stressful experience but a heartbreaking one at that. With all the emotions happening at the same, action has to be taken. SERVPRO of Compton likes to make this process as easy as possible so you don't remain stressed. This is to speed up the recovery process and bring things back to normal as soon as possible. Here’s how you can restore your property after it’s damaged by fire.
Reach Out to Your Insurance Provider ASAP
Contact your insurance agent immediately is a great way to start the claims procedure as soon as possible.
Get Advice from the Fire Department, Engineers, and Electricians
Wait for the fire department to assess the damage. Only enter the premises once the area has been designated as safe by the firefighters. They are the professionals. You can contact an engineer or electrician to check the structure and electrical.
Take Photos of the Damage and Ask the Fire Department for a Report
The insurance agent will take pictures but it’s important to have your own photos as well for documentation purposes. Take photos of the external damage if the property isn’t cleared for entry yet. You should also get a copy of the report from the fire department.